Removing from a SIM card is the easiest procedure. It is performed by standard means:
- Disable syncing contacts with your Google account.
- Open the Android phonebook.
- Call the context menu and select "Filter".
- Select display from SIM card. If the smartphone has 2 or 3 SIM cards, then they will have to bemarked in turn.
- Find the phone number you want to erase. Discover his detailed information.
- Call the context menu (by the button under the screen or the button in the form of three dots).
- Click “Delete” and confirm the decision.
If synchronization was previously enabled, the record will remain on the Google server. To remove it from there:
- Launch a browser on your computer, go to google.ru.
- Log in using the account information with which synchronization is enabled on Android.
- Open the application list, click "More" and select "Contacts".
A window appears, which is stored on Android. The number deleted from the SIM card of the phone will be here. You can restore it by simply enabling synchronization on Android, or permanently get rid of it by deleting it in the Google application.
If you need to erase several phones at once or clear the entire list, the order will be as follows:
- Open the list on Android.
- Call the context menu and click “Delete Group”.
- Mark multiple entries or click Select All.
- Tap "Finish" so that the phones begin to be deleted.
In cloud storage, the operation is carried out in a similar way. After selecting one entry, the “Selected” button appears with a checkmark at the top, when clicked, a menu pops up with the “Select All” item.
Removing from other sources
If there is no problem with clearing the SIM card from unnecessary entries, the question of how to remove individual contacts on Android synchronized from other applications often leads to a dead end. The deleted contact constantly returns back to the phone book, so many users simply stop contacting him. The problem is solved by disabling synchronization.
- Open the phone book.
- Call the context menu and select “Accounts”.
- Uncheck the "Sync".
After disabling synchronization, you can safely delete entries from the book and applications, without worrying that they will come back.
Delete duplicate numbers
Numbers can be repeated - for example, stored in the SIM card memory and on the phone. To fix this drawback, use the already described application from Google.
- Go to Google on your computer and go to the list.
- In the menu on the left, click Find Similar.
After a short scan, the service will display a list of records with a duplicate number. You will be prompted to combine these contacts so as not to clog the memory with the same data.