1. You need to go into your smartphone’s settings and find there a section called “Location”.
2. In the "Location" section, at the very top of the screen, you will find a switch with which you can turn geolocation off or on.
3. A little lower will be the section "Mode". In which you can choose the way geolocation works.
If you open the "Mode" section, then you will see three possible geolocation operation modes. Let us consider in more detail each of these modes.
- “By all sources” mode . The most accurate geolocation mode of operation. If you enable this mode, then all the information available to the smartphone will be used to determine your location. These are data from GPS satellites, data from a mobile operator, as well as data received thanks to Wi-Fi and Bluetooth wireless networks.
- "By network coordinates" mode. In this mode, only data from a mobile operator and wireless networks (Wi-Fi and Bluetooth) are used. While the GPS module does not work and does not consume battery power. Enabling this geolocation mode allows you to save battery power and extend the battery life of the device.
- On GPS satellites. The geolocation mode of operation in which data is used exclusively from the GPS module. Moreover, information from the mobile operator and wireless networks is not taken into account.